Friday, June 11, 2010

Skittles

Today has been a day to say the least! On one hand, it started out as a great day. Kinsey slept in her own bed, in her own room for the first time last night. We decided she was getting too big for her cradle now that she is scooting around and Heaven forbid, she decides to roll over in it and end up on the floor. Kind of bittersweet. I missed her a little and kept waking up to watch her in the monitor. :) Plus, I ran a mile and a half this morning which hasn't happened in a very long time.

On the other hand, my Great Uncle Dick passed away this morning. He had been battling cancer for quite some time. He has always been so strong and come out of it before, so I didn't feel like this time should be any different. Since I always had Kinsey with me, I wasn't able to spend time with him in the hospital and we were afraid to be around him too much when he came home, because of the Chemo and how easily he could get sick. I spend a lot of time with him and my Aunt Dodi when I was younger. I remember him playing music at family funtions. Mainly I remember him singing Alan Jackson's "Livin' on Love." He used to say I would never go anywhere without a package of Skittles. Even into my adulthood, he would still bring me a package of Skittles when he knew he was going to see me. Then, when he found out Jeff would sometimes eat my Skittles, he started bringing Jeff a package too. I'm so sad that Kinsey will not know him the way that I did. Uncle Dick, you will be greatly missed and I'll see you again, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment