Friday, June 25, 2010

No more bumpers pads . . .

Kinsey's pediatrician has an iphone app, The Kid's Doctor, and two days ago, posted an article about how babies should sleep. To reduce the risk of SIDS, there are so many precautions you should take, such as sleeping on their backs, using pacifiers, using a ceiling fan(which we don't because we have a beautiful chandelier, but we keep the house cold at night); but, Dr. Hubbard suggested no blankets, which is something we have always used and no bumper pads, another thing that she had in her cradle and in her crib. Although, I have noticed that Kinsey manages to wiggle out of her swaddled blanket and is now snuggling up to the bumper pads, which can cause her to suffocate! So scary to think I had been letting her sleep like that.

So, is there a time when the bumper pads should go back in the crib or are they a waste of money? I spent a lot of money on her bedding, and it's so pretty, but did I waste my money by not letting her sleep in her crib until she was nearly 5 months?



Just snapped this picture during her nap, I had to use flash and almost woke her up or I would have taken more!

No comments:

Post a Comment